Sandy Park Development Center is a provider of quality services and support for people of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We focus on the individual, providing support so the person can become as independent as possible.
We use a person centered approach to support – one that builds upon the individual’s abilities to participate in activities that honor the individual’s choices, strengths and needs.
Achieved by Providing
- The least restrictive environment where individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities may reach and maintain their fullest independent potential and quality of life.
- A residential facility that fosters a normal homelike atmosphere.
- Training in both formal and informal settings that promotes individual growth – intellectually, adaptively and socially.
- Education, service and support to the individual, family and community.
- Programs and recreational activities to be shared with the community to allow and enhance social interactions.
- Activities of daily living
- Pre-vocational Skills Development
- Supported employment
- Independent living skills
- Behavior management
- Psychiatric management